Bars & Restaurants
While The Veld Group did not engage in “Main Street” bar and restaurant sales until 2005, it became the leading brokerage servicing these industries between Santa Barbara and San Diego within a few short years. With hundreds of accomplished bar and restaurant sales, and a track record of over 50 bar and restaurant sales per annum, The Veld Group has set market prices in many of its core markets, including Hollywood, West Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silverlake, Beverly Hills, Ventura Boulevard, Santa Monica, Venice and Marina del Rey, the South Bay, Long Beach’s Pine Avenue and Belmont Shore and San Diego’s Gaslamp District. In 2007 The Veld Group entered into a joint venture on the acquisition of Tink’s Entertainment Complex – a 5 story, 45,000 square foot bar, restaurant, nightclub and live music venue.
While The Veld Group traditionally represents Sellers, the firm does occasionally represent large hospitality groups who seek buy-side acquisition representation. Sample of such Hospitality Groups may be found below in the Hotel and General Hospitality Section.
Examples of notable recent sales include:
- The Derby – Los Feliz
- Orso – Beverly Hills
- Element – Hollywood
- Home – Silverlake (formerly Rudolpho’s)
- Magnolia – Downtown L.A. (formerly Zita)
- Vito’s Pizza – West Hollywood
- H. Salt Fish & Chips Franchisor
Representative examples of historical bar and restaurant clients that we have worked with may be viewed below or directly accessed by clicking here
Hotels & General Hospitality
The Veld Group’s unique market position with many of Southern California’s top restaurant, entertainment and general hospitality groups has caused its name to become synonymous with business sales. As a result of its pre-existing client base, and built-in buyer demand, The Veld Group has segued into the hotel and motel market. With past clients that include boutique Hollywood, Palm Springs / Palm Desert, and San Diego Area Hotels, a stellar track record with franchise re-sales, and expertise with property appraisals, The Veld Group is quickly becoming sellers’ top choice hotel brokerage.
Representative examples of Hotel, and General Hospitality clients that we have worked with may be viewed below or directly accessed by clicking here.
Examples of notable hospitality groups (and their brands / venues) that The Veld Group has worked with on new site searches or on buy-side or sell-side transactions include:
- Committed Inc. – Sean MacPherson (The Park Hotel, The Maritime Hotel, The Waverly Inn, Jane Hotel, Lafayette House Hotel, Gemma, Matsuri, La Bottega, B Bar and Grill (in New York), and Swingers, El Carmen, Jones, Good Luck Bar, Bar Lubitsch, Roger Room, Chateau Marmont Bar, and the former Orso with the new concept to be named (in Los Angeles).
- Syndicate Hospitality – David Judaken (My House/Garden of Eden, East, Opera/Crimson, Mood/My Studio)
- Innovative Dining Concepts (Boa, Katana, Sushi Roku, Robata Bar, Delphine, Lucky Fish)
- The Paja Group – (Element, La Cantina, El Scorpion)
- Onsite Consulting – James Sinclair
- EnDev Enterprises – James Brennan (Stingaree, Side Bar, Bar West, Witherby, Universal, Dish, Ciro’s)
- Fourth & E LP – Darren Moore & Merritte Powell (Confidential Restaurant & Loft, La Puerta).
- Harry Morton Holdings – Harry Morton (Pink Taco, Viper Room, various Hard Rock Hotels)
Manufacturing & Distribution
The Veld Group entered the business brokerage industry with a focus on manufacturing firms with $10 to $20 million in sales revenues. Its early successes were most notable in the food and beverage manufacturing and patented technology segments, followed by the printing, direct mail, and publication industries. Today The Veld Group boasts an established knowledge base and an active buyer pool comprised of wealthy individuals, established corporations, and private equity groups who seek opportunities in all aspects of manufacturing.
Representative examples of Manufacturing, and Print & Publications clients that we have worked with may be viewed below or directly accessed by clicking here.
Examples of notable Manufacturing, Distribution & Publication clients include:
- Creative Screenwriting Magazine – Hollywood
- Star Signs / Star Scrolls Publication – Beverly Hills
- California Cleaning Supplies – Bell Gardens
- Uncle Mike’s Surfboards – Oceanside
- Crown City Confections – Garden Grove
- Golda & I Chocolatier – Santa Ana
- Don Pedro’s Meats – Los Angeles
- Otra Beer – Woodland Hills
- Malini Lingerie – La Canada
Don’t become a statistic – Hire an experienced broker, trust their advice, and respect the methodology that has led to their success.
The Veld Group entered the salon sales industry after it was engaged to conduct an industry study on indoor tanning, hair salons, day spas and medical spas in 2002. As a result of the unique industry dynamics The Veld Group recognized in indoor tanning, one of its officers passively invested in a salon, and The Veld Group went on to acquire several including New You Tan and Day Spa / The Suntan Center, Tan of the Town, etc.
Since entering the market, The Veld Group has sold 220 individual indoor tanning facilities in over 150 tanning salon transactions (on three continents) representing more than $25 million in transaction value, making it the de facto industry expert on salon sales worldwide. In addition, The Veld Group boasts 50 plus sales of day spas, medical spas, hair salons or other related businesses, and has been engaged by salon franchisors, equipment manufacturers, marketing firms, etc. to consult within all aspects of the beauty care industry.
Examples of notable historical achievements in the salon industry include authoring the expansion of Unique Tan from a four salon chain to a 12 salon operation stretching from Santa Barbara to Orange County, and then subsequently selling it on 3 occasions; assisting Darque Tan (the largest private salon chain with 85 locations nationwide) in their Southern California expansion from a single location to 8 superior locations; and working with Palm Beach Tan (the largest nationwide indoor tanning franchisor) to place one of their top franchisees into a formidable 8 salon chain. Of course from a consulting standpoint, The Veld Group was also engaged in the sell side advisory role on a 52 location salon sale that was ultimately consummated.
Representative examples of historical indoor tanning, hair salon, day spa, medical spa, and related beauty care clients that we have worked with may be viewed by scrolling below or clicking here.
Examples of notable Salon related clients include:
• Allen Edwards Hair and Spas – S. California
• Kenneth George Hair and Spa – Brentwood
• Laser Skin Center Medical Spa – Valencia
• Sunset Tan – Southern California / Nationwide
• Desert Sun – Washington, Oregon and California
• Palm Beach Tan – Nationwide
• Beach Tan – Riverside and San Bernardino County
• Hollywood Tan – Hollywood
• Unique Tan – Southern California
• Le Beach Club – Los Angeles
• Miami Tan – San Fernando Valley
• Cop-A-Tan – South Bay
• Pacific Sun – Los Angeles Area
• Same Day Tan – Temecula / Murrieta
• Dream Tan – Temecula / Murrieta
• Sun Lounge Tanning Centers – San Diego
• Darque Tan – Nationwide
Back to Services