Mergers & Acquisitions – Services
Our M&A specialists offer a wealth of expertise that has been gained from enacting on acquisitions in the hundreds of millions to syndicating capital for start-up ventures. While our specialists may be M.B.A. from top institutions, Certified Public Accountants and / or seasoned Juris Doctorates, they provide our clients their real world experience in a manner that will make sense to the Chief Executive Officer and Board Members as well as the mailroom clerks.
Don’t be intimidated by intermediaries who tout the need for a Wall Street address. Such M&A firms typically specialize in $100+ million sales, and provide diminished value to the mid-market manufacturer. Choose an Intermediary that is appropriate for your needs. A firm that accomplishes 100’s of business sales (of any size) per annum likely offers a broader range of options, possesses a larger buyer pool, and has more resources at its disposal than one that facilitates 2-3 transactions.
The Veld Group is a professional business appraisal and valuation firm. Each of our business valuations are prepared by a Certified Public Accountant who is a member of the American Society of Appraisers, the Institute of Business Appraisers, and/or The National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
For details on our Valuation products kindly click on any of the options below:
Future Value Estimate
Preliminary Value Estimate
Opinion of Value Report
Opinion of Value Letter
Don’t be fooled by firms that provide a value that you seek to hear. Independently verify their credentials. If you seek to sell your company be particularly cautious of up-front costs in exchange for reduced success fees. When pricing a firm for sale, a realistic fair market assessment is paramount. Credibility is everything!
The Veld Group began in Southern California as a ‘field-oriented’ consultancy that focused on the implementation of its strategic initiatives (Veld, in Dutch and Afrikaans, refers to the vast open grazing fields that support Southern Africa’s wildlife population).
The Veld Group’s initial core product included its retainer-based board of director style advisory services. With this offering, The Veld Group typically took a position in small to medium sized manufacturing firms, appointed a representative to hold a board seat, and identified how to increase firm value, implemented the results of the studies conducted, and finally, participated in the financial results of its projects via consultancy fees, profit sharing, and / or advanced equity positions.
Additional consultancy services provided by The Veld Group could be found in the general areas of:
• Entrepreneurship – Business Plan Development, Assessment, and/or Implementation, Initial Public Offering Advisory, Private Placement, Capital Syndication
• Marketing – Situation Analysis, Market Analysis, New Product Development, Pricing Strategy, Brand Strategy, Advertising Analysis / Focus Group Analysis, Sales Strategy, Sales Plan Development, Sales Staff Training
• Corporate Strategy – Growth Strategy, Corporate Benchmarking, Industry Analysis, Value-Chain Analysis, Turnaround Strategy / Corporate Recovery, Best Practices ? Operations – Audits, Control Reviews, Bottleneck Assessments, Efficiency Analysis
• Finance & Accounting – Valuation, Financial Modeling and Analysis, Annual Planning, Internal Controls, Capital Appropriation, Corporate Metrics / Balanced Scorecard Assessment
• Interim Management – Officer Level Advisory Services, Accounting Services
In 2002, The Veld Group ceased the vast majority of its consulting offerings and dramatically reduced the size of its consulting staff. Today, The Veld Group continues to offer its Valuation Services, and its Business Plan Assessment services on a limited basis.
Notable non-confidential engagements that projects were completed for include:
- Universal Pictures – Market Entry, Competitive Bench Marking, Valuation • Landmine Survivor’s Network (Nobel Prize Winning Org.) – Brand Building
- AT&T Asia – Competitive Benchmarking Analysis
- Queen Noor of Jordan – Business Plans, Growth Strategy
- Jordan’s Ministry of Finance – Economic Development
- El Salvador’s Ministry of Finance – Economic Development
- Conamype, Fomir, Fusai, Calpia – Micro-Lending Analysis In El Salvador
- Fred Alger Asset Management – Mutual Fund Market Entry Strategy
- Otra Beer – Business Plan, Market Entry, Growth Strategy, Private Placement
Many Businesses lack the resources and expertise to carry out vital projects. Don’t allow your firm’s lack of capital or personnel put you at a competitive disadvantage. Enjoy the same resources that your largest competitors have at their disposal!
The Veld Group has always been the champion of the small to medium size business owner. Shall you find yourself in a legal dispute, allow us to help you and your council in those areas that we can assist. Our team of California’s most successful Business Brokers, Accountants and Business Valuators, Real Estate Specialists, Consultants, and Seasoned Entrepreneurs, can provide you the expertise and credibility that you need the most when in the courtroom, or at an Arbitration or Mediation. Given our unique backgrounds (as we are actually practitioners as well as industry experts), skill sets, market knowledge and unmatched database of actual comparable sales data on Southern California business sales, having The Veld Group on your team may make the difference between achieving a favorable ruling or not presenting your strongest defense. When it comes to legal matters concerning Business Sales, Business Valuation, Lease Negotiations or Eminent Domain (with respect to going concerns and/or property sales), The Veld Group may prove your greatest ally when it come to obtaining the judgment you seek.
Historical examples of cases that required our expert testimony services include:
- Ozz Bar & Supper Club – Buena Park (Eminent Domain)
- Briggs Wine & Spirits – Brentwood (Divorce)
- SoulGeek.com – Web Company (Bankruptcy)
- Picket Fence – Vista (IRS Dispute)
Click here for case detail on the Ozz Bar & Supper Club Matter.
For comprehensive legal services in California and Nevada, visit Kristina Wildeveld Coneh’s Affiliate Profile by clicking here, or visit Veld Law at www.veldlaw.com